Xsolla Blog

Honing your Skills with Gloria Victis, the Realistic Medieval Open World MMORPG

Posted by Justin Llewellyn on Sep 29, 2015 2:19:39 PM


Read More

Managing the Relationship Between Games and Education

Posted by Justin Llewellyn on Sep 24, 2015 5:41:45 PM


Read More

WeChat Increases Conversion in China

Posted by Justin Llewellyn on Sep 22, 2015 4:00:15 PM

The largest service providers in China include: Alipay (49.2%), TenPay (19.4%), Unionpay Merchants Services (11.6%) and 99Bill (6.9%). Also popular in China are China PNR, YeePay, and International Payment Solutions (iPS).

Read More

Xsolla Unity SDK: Complete Storefront Solution for Unity Developers

Posted by Ernest Chung on May 21, 2015 12:00:20 AM
Read More

Implementation of Coupons in Games

Posted by Ernest Chung on Apr 14, 2015 6:00:26 PM

Xsolla covers how coupons can be one of the most convenient and flexible tools a game developer can keep in their arsenal.

Read More

Outlook for US Digital Games Market: Early 2015

Posted by Ernest Chung on Feb 19, 2015 1:00:16 PM

The $1.1 billion total was achieved as customers frantically purchased all they could afford from the massive digital games sales towards the end of 2014. Easy-access gaming platforms such as Steam only aided in the prosperity of the US digital games market as the platform laid out the industry's best games for the lowest costs you could find, all in one convenient location.

Read More

Game Monetization Advice from Consultant: FamousAspect

Posted by Ernest Chung on Feb 11, 2015 3:51:58 PM

“Many developers aren’t approaching the business design early enough in the cycle.” – Ethan Levy

(Indie Game Developer/Monetization Design Consultant)

Ethan Levy, Indie Game Developer & Monetization Design Consultant at FamousAspect, recently shared insightful information with Xsolla about some painful patterns he’s seen in game development from the past 3 years consulting on game monetization. His findings come nothing short of astonishingly accurate and critical to the long-term success of a game developer and their free-to-play games.

Leading Question: Why is it important to focus on your business model early on?

Read More

G-Star 2014 - Through the Eyes of Xsolla

Posted by Ernest Chung on Nov 21, 2014 12:46:16 PM

G-Star 2014 has arrived and people are buzzing with excitement, gathering from all over the world to attend the world’s fourth-largest game conference located at Bexco in Busan, South Korea.

Xsolla's booth at G-Star. Come take a seat and have some coffee!

 

This year was the 10th anniversary of the annual games conference and people were clearly excited as there was a new record of attendees set. Another record was broken as last year, there were 1,235 total booths and this year, the number of booths shot up to 1,397.*

Read More

Interview: German Payment System - micropayment™ GmbH

Posted by Ernest Chung on Nov 5, 2014 4:02:01 PM

Team micropayment™ opened our eyes recently in a detailed interview covering their services, the German gaming/payments market, and why they chose Xsolla as a partner.

Germany has become Europe’s largest revenue generator within the gaming industry. This might stem from the country boasting the #1 payer/player ratio in the world with approximately 70% of their gamers paying for games (NewZoo Research).

While Germany is #1 in the world for payer/player ratio, the country is ranked 4th in terms of total global revenue rankings. Within the country, 80% of 39.8 million gamers play online social/casual games primarily with the remaining 20% playing PC/Mac computer and smartphone games.

Read More

Xsolla and Crytek Collaborate to Bring Fresh Payment Possibilities to Warface

Posted by Ernest Chung on Oct 15, 2014 12:58:23 PM

Press Release:

Sherman Oaks, CA (USA) – October 15, 2014 – Billing solutions provider Xsolla today announced a partnership with game developer and publisher, Crytek. The collaboration means players can look forward to seamless in-game shopping and maximum flexibility when purchasing items in Crytek's free-to-play online shooter, Warface.

By integrating Xsolla's cross-platform payment technology into Warface, Crytek and Xsolla are empowering gamers to buy virtual currency directly in the game environment – with a choice of over 500 different payment solutions ranging from credit cards and pre-paid cards to e-wallets. Warface players will also benefit from Xsolla's stringent anti-fraud system, excellent customer support, special offers and more.

Read More

Subscribe to Email Updates

Posts by Topic

see all

Recent Posts