Hi-Rez Studios is a prominent video game developer and publisher founded in 2005, and headquartered in Atlanta, GA. They have additional offices in Shenzhen, China, and Brighton, UK, and employ over 200 people.
What began as a Hi-Rez quest to find more reliable and secure credit card processing for their game title. SMITE, became a comprehensive integration with Xsolla Pay Station.
Upon learning about our ability to accept over 700 payment options, Hi-Rez also took advantage of our payment services to replace their three current payment vendors.
Streamlining payments with Xsolla supports the Hi-Rez mission to create F2P games that they themselves want to play, and to build driven communities of loyal gamers around each and every game.
We provided a seamless integration to Xsolla Pay Station for SMITE, which provided the following services:
- Localized user payment methods at checkout with 700+ global payment options
- Consolidated payment processing for all store items into one streamlined system
- Directed all sales revenue into Hi-Rez's preferred account (PayPal)
- Created an intuitive in-store interface for products and purchases
- Displayed localized pricing for all in-game products in all global markets
- Provided a purchase path display that shows all available payment methods
- Listed localized payment methods at checkout, prioritized by popularity in the region
- Enabled custom items, currency packages, and bundles
- Enabled users to enter how much virtual currency they wish to purchase
- Filtered fraudulent payments with a machine-learning mechanism
- Manually reviewed disputed transactions 24/7 using behavioral & in-game data metrics
- Incorporated custom data parameters with region-specific adaptability
Not long after the Xsolla integration for SMITE was completed, Hi-Rez Studios also chose to integrate Xsolla with their full catalog of game titles, including Paladins: Champions of the Realm, Global Agenda (the first-ever FTP title available on Steam), and Jetpack Fighter.
To begin a partnership with Xsolla, please fill out the contact form below:
For more technical info about integrations, check out our Developers site.